Friday, November 1, 2013

This Is Halloween by Lyn B Designs

It's here, it's here, it's here, it's finally here! HAPPY HALLOWEEN my loves! Although the big party was last weekend, which kind of signals the end of the big buildup for me as an adult, today is officially Halloween! So, of course, it has to be This Is Halloween by Lyn B Designs! 


This Is Halloween is "A gorgeous deep purple base with copper colored duchrome. It's loaded with purple and orange smaller glitters." First three photos show three coats alone, topped with Out the Door. All photos are taken under Ott Lite. 


When I first started playing with this polish, I though that it was too sheer to really be worn alone. But at three coats, it covers perfectly. Any VNL in the photos was not visible in person, and I think that this is my favorite way to wear this polish! I love the plummy base, and that coppery shimmer is gorgeous!


Purple and orange make for an unexpected, but stunning, combination that does not limit itself to Halloween! I can see myself wearing this polish all fall and winter long.


Next I decided to try it over a red. This is 1 coat over Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. 


I'm slightly disappointed in the turnout here. The purple glitter and the copper shimmer looks great, but it doesn't pack as much of a punch as the original did. 


Finally I went with a purple base, 1 coat over Sinful Colors Amethyst. I loved this combo, almost as much as the polish alone! 


The orange glitter and copper shimmer really pop over the purple base, and this combo truly screams Halloween to me! 

This Is Halloween is currently available through the Lyn B Designs Etsy shop, along with the rest of the The Nightmare Begins collection and tons of brilliant other fangirly colors. You can like Lyn B Designs on Facebook and follow along with her blog as well. 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! What's on your nails today?

*Polish obtained through a swap. All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment