Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Calm Like A Bomb by Black Sheep Lacquer

Hello, my loves! As you can see, I'm still not quite back into my usual routine (mostly because my nails are just starting to get back to normal after the move!), but I do have a brand new series starting today! Erin from Black Sheep Lacquer sent me several polishes to review, and I'm starting them off today! 


First up is Calm Like A Bomb, "a glitter bomb in all senses of the word. It's jammed with turquoise, blue, green and holographic glitter."  All photos are taken under Ott Lite. The above photo shows two coats, topped with Seche Vite. 


Calm Like A Bomb was a bit thick on first application, and I prefer my polish a bit thinner, as I get more control out of it. So I added a few drops of thinner, and re-manicured. All remaining photos show three coats of thinned out Calm Like A Bomb, topped with Out the Door. 


Blues are not my favorite shade to wear, but this one is nice. It is definitely a glitter bomb, and I can see this being a part of my patriotic manis come Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day etc. Before thinning, the shimmery blue base of the polish hid a bit of the glitter, but once thinned out, application was perfect. The handle on my mini bottle is a bit longer than the standard mini brush top, which was very nice- it gave a bit more to hold onto while polishing. Final Verdict: I can see lots of you ladies drooling over this intense, shimmery bright blue, and I say go for it! 

Black Sheep Lacquer is available on Etsy, and can be liked on Facebook. I have several more of Erin's lovely polishes to show off over the next week, so stop back!


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 


1 comment:

  1. I totally mislabelled this polish! I haven't even listed/named this one, whoops. It looks really nice though, I'll have to think of a name for it! haha Thanks for the wonderful review, your pictures are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete