Wednesday, April 10, 2013

John Thomas/Lady Jane by Literary Lacquer


Today brings us to the last of the polishes sent to me by the lovely Amy of Literary Lacquer, and it's definitely my favorite! (Although More Like Fire Than Light gave it a run for its money :)


Meet John Thomas/Lady Jane, from The Good Parts collection, inspired by the erotic novel Lady Chatterly's Lover. Creator Amy describes it as "a deep forest green glitter polish with accents of many shades of green glitter and shimmer and a touch of white glitter."


I decided to layer this one, as it is super glitter-dense. I used two thin coats over Fingerpaints Tough Art To Follow, topped with Seche Vite. All photos are taken in natural sunlight.


I love the little pops of white glitter (it reminds me of daisies in a meadow), and- as you can see- some of the larger green glitters are holographic!


I love green polish, so it's no surprise that I LOVED this one! It is VERY heavy on the glitter, and could become completely opaque in three-ish coats, or layered over a variety of greens, changing up the look slightly. With all the glitter in this puppy, it did take a bit of patience to apply: make sure each coat is dry before doing the next, or you will drag it around. 


John Thomas/Lady Jane, along with the rest of The Good Parts collection (and many other gorgeous colors) can be purchased on Etsy. Be sure to like Literary Lacquer on Facebook as well!


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 





No comments:

Post a Comment