Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Horror Movies!

And now for something completely different! I'm participating in my first ever nail art challenge this month, and I couldn't be more excited! Despite the fact that my first post is a day late, and also despite all the bitching I did about how long it took to do my bday mani! But I'm such a Halloween girl at heart, and I'll never get any better at nail art if I don't practice, right? 

Don't worry- I still have tons of Indies to show off! You'll just be getting a lot of double post days :) I am also adding another layer to the challenge for myself: I vow to (try to) use at least one indie polish in each nail art post!


So the theme for day 1 was horror movies. Killer- I love horror movies, so how the heck was I supposed to narrow it down? Oh, right- something that I could manage to represent on my nails :) I went with Freddy Kreuger.



I used China Glaze Agro, Sally Hansen Ton of Brick and some striping tape to create the iconic sweater look on most of my nails. Then I did a thumb-ring accent going for the "burned face" effect. I started with a base of NYC Carried Away, then while it was still tacky, I dotted on Sinful Colors Nirvana, Lyn B Designs Chocolate and Chai and Free Hippie Volcano Burst in random patterns. Since my base color was still tacky, there is actual texture to the "skin" nails as well- so cool!



A little better look at the burned face. So what do you think? Doesn't it just scream Freddy?

Be sure to stop by and check out all of the other amazing manicures in this challenge!
Cheers,
-Liz-







2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I also Did A Nightmare on Elm Street!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw yours Nicole! Luckily, after I'd already posted mine, because I would have stolen your idea :) I love how your "sweater" looks dirty.

    ReplyDelete