Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Suppose You Want a Kiss? Frog Prince by Varnish Vixen

I had a bit of a hard time with today's polish. I fancy myself a rather creative type, but every now and then a polish will just absolutely stump me when it comes to layering!


Nail Wheel, L-R: Three coats of Frog Prince alone (as much as I like sheer polish, it was too sheer to wear alone, even for me)
One coat over China Glaze Agro (nice, but I wanted something that would showcase the tinted base of the polish as well)
One coat over NYC Water Street Blue (what was I thinking? Blue does NOT scream 'frog')
One coat over NYC Highline Green (not nearly 'swampy' enough)

So every now and then, I would pull a random green polish out of my stash, and try to layer Frog Prince over it. No dice. Finally, in a frustrated fit, NEEDING to use this polish, and NOW, I layered it over the mani I already had on- NYC Sidewalkers (a neutral, medium grey creme.)


Success, at last! The grey successfully creates a murky background, and is light enough for the teal base to play a part. This is two coats of Frog Prince over NYC Sidewalkers, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural light. 


Caley from Varnish Vixen describes Frog Prince as "deep kelly green jelly base with pink, fuchsia and lavender holographic glitter."


I was amazed at how long it took me to try this out over grey- it seems like a no brainer, and will absolutely become the way I wear this polish now! Frog Prince applied very well- all glitters came out smoothly and evenly, and the jelly base was streak free and quite shiny on its own. The glitter didn't even dry gritty, which is odd for smaller glitters. I could have gotten away with Out the Door on this, rather than Seche Vite. 

Have you checked out Varnish Vixen yet? I'm definitely diggin' the Halloween Collection! Stop by the Varnish Vixen Etsy shop and browse around- minis are available for $4.50, and full size polishes run $8.50. Be sure to like them on Facebook as well!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment