Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Darling Diva Polish- Space Beetle and Diabla

Ladies: stop the presses, we may have a winner. I received some polishes last week from Darling Diva, and I think I've found my new favorite color ever!


Meet Space Beetle! It is an absolutely dreamy, multichrome-y, multi-particle sized linear holo. The "main" color I would say is a dark gunmetalish grey with purple/lavender color shifts. PLUS that gorgeous linear holo in the sun. Wow. I really didn't want to take this one off!


Here we see it on the nails: 3 coats over bare nail, in the sun. You can see the strong line of the holo (reminds me of an oil-slick rainbow, but lighter), as well as some of the color shift- the purple really pops on the bottom of the bottle.


Here is the shade photo. You can really see the lavender tendencies here.

This polish really applied like a dream. Smooth, easy, great consistancy. A bit slow drying, but I always use a fast dry topcoat, which you're not supposed to do with holos, since it dulls the linear effect. So I was really only suffering for my lack of Out the Door. On the second day, I did add a topcoat, to maximize wear, and it really didn't dull the effect any. 

And because I'm never content to leave a polish alone for too long (even one like this), I layered Darling Diva's Diabla over the top of Space Beetle. 


Diabla. Multi sized black glitters, plus a smattering of red in a clear base.


This is two coats of Diabla on top of my Space Beetle. The glitter is not super thick, so it took a bit of manipulating to get it placed approximately where I wanted it. The red glitter is also a bit hard to find. I had to fish a bit to make sure I got some on each nail. Nothing unmanageable. 

I also got Purple Dreams, another linear holo in a bright violet purple, and Angry Beaver, a multi glitter in a purple toned translucent base. I'll show those off sometime next week. The shop was JUST restocked, and looking through it, there are about a dozen other polishes added to my wishlist. Beautiful colors, ranging from clear-base glitters, to holos, to cream based glitters- a little something for everyone :) I also spent a bit of time convo-ing back and forth with the creator, and she is very sweet, and very excited about her polishes. She obviously loves what she does and puts a LOT of care and thought into every color and every bottle.

Darling Diva Polishes can be purchased on Etsy, and you can like them on Facebook!


*These polishes were provided to me for an honest review.





No comments:

Post a Comment