Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Perfect Summer Snack

Andeevie/nAiL'Dit is a new-ish indie polish maker (opened shop in April) that has taken off like a rocket! She's been all over the place in the blogosphere, and she's definitely become a favorite. I'm a little sorry to say I only discovered her a few weeks ago :( Her colors are amazing, and she was so sweet and accommodating when I contacted her: it's no wonder she's become such a big hit!


My first andeevie polish was Sun-Flower Seeds, from the Summer Lovin collection. It is described in it's Etsy listing as "a loaded glitter polish with yellows, oranges and a hint of green with shimmers, and white with black round seeds. It is a great layering polish but also looks good alone." These are all matter glitters, which I haven't quite made up my mind about yet. I like them, and I use them, both on my nails and in my polish line, but I think I'll always be partial to the old school metallic foil glitters.


You can see the lovely party-in-a-bottle look of the glitters here. It is the perfect combination for a sunflower!


I wanted to layer this polish, but finding a base color was a bit of a challenge. I wanted something that fit in with the sunflower theme, but didn't hide any of the glitter colors. (The orange and yellow were obviously out for that reason.) L-R: 3 coats of Sunflower Seeds alone, and one coat over NYC Lexington Yellow, Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, Sally Hansen Green With Envy, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, NYC Midtown Mink and creme black. 


I went with Sally Hansen Green with Envy (light enough that the green glitter still popped, and looks like grass) with an accent nail of Sally Hansen Blue Me Away (sky?). I topped it with one thickish coat of Sunflower Seeds, plus a few touch up dabs here and there. Topped with one coat of Seche Vite. Photo in full sun.


Indoor light, no flash.


Closeup in indoor light, no flash. I love how the white micro glitters really showed up on the blue! I really can't decide if the small dark glitters are black or brown, but either fits the theme, and they look really cute. 

The small glitters in this applied super easily. No dragging and great coverage. The large black "seeds" were a bit difficult to come by. I set them aside on the bottle rim when I found them, then went back and placed them. Flipping the bottle upside down for a few minutes before painting would do the trick as well.

Sunflower Seeds, and all other nAiL'Dit polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Like her on Facebook as well, and search for more swatches, because she offers some super fun color combinations!


*This product was provided to me for an honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment