Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dreaming in Purple

I never quite understood the "Gotta Have It"-ness of linear holos. They were kind neat, a nice novelty polish, but I couldn't quite understand why I still needed all of them at typically 50% more than other indies. Until I received my first two- Space Beetle and Purple Dreams from Darling Diva Polish. (And if you click that link over there, you'll see just how much I fell in love with Space Beetle- and I've worn it twice since then!)


Darling Diva Polish- Purple Dreams, in full sun. 

Swatches, in full sun. 3 coats of Purple Dreams alone, one coat over creme black, and one coat over Wet N Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer.

The same wheel, indoors, under a desk lamp. I had been under the impression that holos really only gave it their all under full sunlight, but this puppy (and Space Beetle) really looked fabulous in ANY direct lighting.

Same wheel, blurred to show the holo-y goodness.

Darling Diva describes Purple Dreams as a "Purple holo franken . . . This is different than your other holos because I have used both coarse grade holo powder and fine grade holo powder. For me, I enjoy this color shift much better. Its the best of both worlds." Having no other holos to compare to, I can't say whether the dual sized powder has anything to do with it, but both of the DDP holos I have certainly do the job they were meant to! 


Three coats of Purple Dreams, no topcoat, in full sun. 

 
And in sort-of shade. Obviously not shady enough, as you can still see a bit of color shift.

As with Space Beetle, this polish went on like a dream. Three easy coats, fast dry time, completely smooth. The shift in Purple Dreams isn't as strong as Space Beetle, but I wore it alone. Over black, I think this would be out of the park. The purple color was a bit too blue toned for my taste- I have very pale hands, and I think this washed them out a bit. On darker skin though, this would be amazing! 

I have had this on my toes for the last week and a half or so, because I really do enjoy the color, just not by itself, on my fingers. And I hereby promise you, on every bottle of polish that I own, that I will -NEVER- show you my feet on this blog. For all you readers who are squeamish about feet- me too. So no toe pics here, ever! 


Darling Diva has quickly become one of my absolutely favorites, in my small-but-steadily-growing indie collection. A good half of her polishes have earned a place on my wishlist- now to just increase the budget! Do you have any Darling Divas? What are your faves?

Darling Diva Polish can be found on Etsy. Holos are $12 for a full size bottle, glitters and jellies and such are $8. Also, like them on Facebook.





*This polish was provided to me for an honest review.


2 comments:

  1. I have a DDP holo as well, Dusky Sky, and I love it! :) The purple is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! I don't have any holos I don't think???

    ReplyDelete