Friday, October 5, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art: Watermarble


I decided to join in on this challenge as soon as I came across the graphic. I have been getting more and more interested in nail art, and I'm a huge Halloween fan! This is also the first Halloween nail art challenge I saw that included watermarbling as on of the challenges! I've been wanting to try my hand at watermarbling pretty much forever, but I've always been a little scared to! I've seen so many other bloggers, most of whom are immensely talented, talking about how difficult it is to get it right! So I watched all the tutorials, read all the tips, and never got around to it, because I didn't want to fail at it! 

Having the watermarble as a part of this challenge was exactly what I needed to get off my ass and just try it already :) And it was rather daunting- clean up alone took me forever! I tried about 4 other color combinations before I finally found polishes that looked good together, marbled well (enough) AND fit a Halloween theme! But here is my finished product, and I'm happy to say: It doesn't completely suck. 


I started with a base of Bone from my own Zombie Collection. I wanted to use it in the marble as well, but it didn't really work out. So the marbling on top is: Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Let's Meet (shimmery yellow) and Cloud 9 (shimmery orange). I've heard shimmers aren't the best for watermarbling, but I didn't have creme shades that I liked enough for the candy corn look I ended up going for. They were a bit sheer, but overall I think it turned out alright! I especially like the almost citrus-y look on my middle finger :)


Ignore the few bits of polish that I missed on clean up: I guess I thought I did a better job than I did! Overall, I think I will return to watermarbling. It was a very cool effect, and not too difficult to do. 

Be sure to check out all the amazing other watermarbles for todays challenge!
Cheers, 
-Liz-

2 comments:

  1. Yellow and white. oh This is cute. The different design on each nail is what I love about water marbling. Cuteness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This was my first crack at it, and so glad it turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete