Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Put A Spell On You: Sorceress by Wonder Beauty Products

As the Day and the Witching Hour draws ever nearer (my party is tonight!), I though the time was ripe to bring you this beauty that I've been sitting on for a while!


Meet Sorceress, another AMAZING scented polish from Wonder Beauty Products! Jen from Wonder Beauty describes Sorceress as "A yummy black licorice scented blend of enchanted Sorceress wings from the most magical spooky night of the year! . . . A sheer shimmer bronzed micro glitter base topping featuring loads of mystical shreds of bronze, blue and black with scatters of blues and bronze glitters." 


This is two coats of Sorceress over Sinful Colors Nirvana. Natural sunlight, topped with Seche Vite. 


Review portion! First of all, I am continually amazed by Jen's ability to create completely unique and incredibly complex glitter blends! Every WBC polish that I've tried has had such an interesting mix of glitters. There are probably a dozen different glitters in this polish, but it they work well together. This is not just a random jumble of glitter, but a well thought out, cohesive blend. It's absolutely stunning, and applied perfectly. Shards occasionally have a tendency to clump together and be problematic, but not in this baby!
Next up is scent: If you're the type of girl (or guy, I don't judge!) who finishes her jelly beans and throws away the 40 black ones that came in the bag, this polish may not be for you. However, if you're like me and yell at all the folks throwing away perfectly good, and indeed the best, jelly beans, let me tell you: this smells FANTASTIC. It's a light, sweet anise scent: definitely licorice, but not overpowering. The scent lasted through my entire mani (through topcoat, a shower, and more handwashings than I can count). I won't compete with your perfume, but you get a nice whiff of something sweet every now and then. 

I cannot recommend Wonder Beauty Products highly enough. I have 4 WBC polishes (this, Lollipop Explosion, Crotch Rocket and Purple Bang), and they all perform beautifully. WBC is definitely one of my top fave indie polish makers! Check out the Wonder Beauty Etsy shop (regular polishes run $10, scented polishes are $11, and she even carries frankening supplies, like suspension base!), and like her on Facebook- sales, giveaways, news and so much more! There is also a Wonder Beauty Products blog

Don't you just love scented polishes! I'm so happy there are finally more "grown-up" scents available!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment