Saturday, October 6, 2012

U-Neek Finale: Central

.
Ladies, I've saved the best for last! 


U-Neek's Central is "a clear base with emerald green, ocean spray and chartreuse flakes. Central is named after my son's high school colors." This is a gorgeous and complex mix of various green glitters, and the chartreuse looks vaguely gold. Great for fall, and through to Christmas! I've been getting into nail art lately, and I can already see this on a Christmas Tree mani :)


For starters, I applied this over U-Neek Polish's Autumn. Three coats of Autumn, two coats of Central, one coat of Seche Vite, natural sunlight. I'm not at all a football fan, but I do live smack-dab in the heart of Packer country. This combo could pass for a Packer mani, if I needed one for some reason ;)


I think the glitter in Central competed too much with the glitter in Autumn. It creates a lovely finished picture, but it doesn't show you the true beauty that Central has to offer . . .


. . . so I went to my absolute favorite almost-black polish (of which I have both tons, and not enough!): Near Dark by China Glaze. It's a dark, murky, swampy green, from the Haunting 2011 Halloween Collection, and it's one of my all time favorites!


Central really came alive over the dark green-black base. Two coats of Near Dark, two coats of Central, one coat of Gelous, one coat of Seche Vite, slightly overcast sunlight.


Slightly blurred to show glitter. 


Really blurred, also to show the glitz.


And once with flash. I loved this combination so much, I didn't want to take it off. Even after it wore and chipped and looked like hell after three days, I didn't want to take it off! Or rather, I wanted to take it off, then put it right back on :)

Central, as with all of the other U-Neek Polishes that I've shown you over the past few days, had zero application issues. The glitter in this one is a bit heavier than in Autumn or Northwest, so the glitz payoff is higher with fewer coats. This one, unlike the others, did need the thicker Gelous/SV combo to achieve that glassy smoothness. 

Overall, I don't have a bad thing to say about U-Neek Polish. Each color that I've tried was wonderful to use, with zero application issues. I'm now eyeing several other U-Neek colors on Etsy (November Rain comes to mind!) Go check out the Etsy shop (minis start at $4, full size at $8) and like on Facebook as well! 

This is my first time doing a brand "marathon" like this: do you, as readers, prefer this method, or do you prefer to see brands spread out? Let me know in the comments!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This product was provided to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment