Thursday, October 25, 2012

8 Spooky Nights: Ghosts



October 8th was a ghost prompt in the This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge, so I wanted to do something completely different for this time around. I wasn't feeling too inspired on the first go around, but after seeing all the lovely ghost manis in that challenge, I racked my brains to come up with something fun and unique this time around!


This is what I came up with: ghostly (but happy!) faces peeking through the eerie mist. I started with a base of Elemental Styles' E=MC2, a greyish base filled with black and gunmetal grey glitters. I haven't reviewed this one (and might not, since Whitney is no longer selling her polishes!), but it was a great performer. I stamped on my faces (Keroppi, ?, and Hello Kitty) with a grey franken I made and QA plate 31. Then I painted over the top with two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Polar Bare. So what do you think? Ghostly enough? 

Be sure to check out the rest of the challengers for more ghost manis!
Cheers,
-Liz-



Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched 8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea, and I LOVE the Sanrio characters!!! HK makes everything better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm trying so hard to think "outside the box"!

    ReplyDelete