Tuesday, November 13, 2012

From The Ashes: Phoenix by Pretty & Polished, plus a BONUS

Here is another beauty from Pretty & Polished that has been sitting in my draft folder for a little while (though not nearly as long as Bubble Tea!): Phoenix. I used Phoenix in my This Is Halloween Jack O Lanterns prompt, then used it all over my left hand (with an accent nail), as I'm barely proficient at nail art using my dominant hand! I'm just not ready to try it using my completely uncoordinated left hand!


Chelsea say that Phoenix is "an orange tiny and it is packed with small orange, yellow and red glitters as well as medium red hexes." This is one and a half coats of Phoenix over Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, topped with Seche Vite. My accent nail is Sinful Colors Black on Black topped with two coats of Horrible Spray Tan by Absolut Lacquer.* Photos taken in natural sunlight. 


Phoenix is pretty much all matte glitters, except for those random accent hexes, and applies like most matte glitters do. You need a little bit of patience. Make sure each coat is completely dry before doing another, or you will get dragging. Comes with the territory. That said, I had no problems with application at all. The glitter is very densely packed, and the polish could become opaque in three coats, max, but I only bought a mini, so I'm conserving :) It does dry a bit rough (again, comes with the territory with matte and micro glitters both), so a thick topcoat or some Gelous is needed. Phoenix truly is a beautiful, fun polish that is well worth a little bit of patience on application. 

Purchase Pretty & Polished only Etsy, and check it out on Facebook. If you haven't caved and bought any yet, it's only a matter of time! And you won't be sorry :)

*Horrible Spray Tan is from the OLD Absolut Lacquer lineup, and was discontinued when Tisha recently revamped her shop. I did receive a nice package from Absolut in the mail yesterday, so expect to see colors from the NEW lineup very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment