Monday, November 12, 2012

Goddess of Wisdom: Nayru by Starlight Polish

Can I tell you a secret? I've never played a Zelda game. Ever. Is that sad? I grew up with an NES (and later Sega Genesis and PS2), but I was never a big gaming system kind of girl. The reference behind this polish (and it's sisters, Din and Farore) went right over my head! Luckily, Issa from Starlight Polish gives you a little backstory in each listing (which you know I love!).


Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, associated with the color blue. The polish is a turquoise-blue-violet color shifting topcoat. of course, the colors pop best over a dark base color.


I layered one coat of Nayru over NYC Battery Park Purple. Topped with Out the Door, photos taken in natural sunlight. 


Aqua and royal blues were the most prevalent, and easiest to capture, colors in this polish!


I really think I'm going to have to redo this color over black, as I couldn't capture any of the violet shift on camera. It was there, and I could see it a bit, but I think my purple base color threw it off some. Black is the absolute perfect base color, for damn near everything, but I hate showing everything over black, so I try to branch out! Sometimes, it fails :( This combination was very stunning in person, but I don't think it truly captures all of Nayru's potential. Expect a revisit!
Like all Starlight Polishes, Nayru applied like a dream. One quick, easy coat to instantly spice up your dark mani! Starlight can be purchased on Etsy. The Companion Fairy set, featuring this and three other polishes, is available in full size for $30 or minis for $12.50. Check out my archives for a gorgeous array of other Starlight polishes as well: Phoenix & Sunlight, Unicorn , Starlight, and Dragon and Din




*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment