Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dragon and the Goddess of Power

I made a mistake with this mani. I will admit that right up front. Among the polishes I received from Starlight and Sparkles were two color-shifting trios, with different particles sizes in each trio. I meant to use the two strong green polishes together, but I grabbed a wrong bottle :( Silly me. I do like the way it turned out, though. 


Dragon and Din, from Starlight and Sparkles. Dragon is part of a trio of color-shifting topcoats with a fine particle size, along with Unicorn and Phoenix. Din is part of a trio with a slightly larger particle size, along with Farore and Nayru. I had no idea what these were named after, so I had to Google it. Apparently Din, Farore and Nayru are the three Golden Goddesses of Hyrule in the Legend of Zelda series. I'm as geeky as all get out, but I never was much of a gamer :)


From the back. You can see how I grabbed the wrong bottle, right? I meant to use Dragon and Farore. Issa from Starlight and Sparkles describe the color shift of Dragon as "bronze gold to green, and flashes orange and teal at the extremes of it's color range." Likewise, Din (the Goddess of Power!) "shifts through red, orange, gold and green."


I did an every-other-finger mani over black with these, because I really wanted to see the difference in the particle sizes. It's pretty obvious over the black polish. This is one coat of each polish, over black, topped with Out the Door. Photos are all in bright sunlight.


Index and ring finger: Din, middle and pinky: Dragon. Green and copper showing up strongly.






I love the bronzey color of dragon at this angle . . .


. . . and the more olive tone it shows here. 

Just like Unicorn, both of these polishes delivered on the duochrome. In basic indoor light, Dragon showed mostly green, and Din showed mostly a dark gold. Both applied great, and wore like a charm. Very minimal chipping. 


When I mention chipping, this is why. I'm not going to name the above polish, because I don't want it to be blamed for the horrible photo. I'm pretty rough on my hands, and I spend most of my work day digging into things with my nails, and this is what my nail look like at the end of the day a good 50% of the time. So when I say that a polish wears well and doesn't chip, listen to me! 

Starlight and Sparkles can be purchased on Etsy. Both of these trios can be purchased as minis for $9.50, or in full size for $22.50. 




*These polishes were provided to me for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment