Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Not Really Polish: What Happens in Vegas by Makeup Your Face

For today's second post (in apology for going two days with no post!), we have a little something different. I have done makeup reviews before, but I'm still far better taking photos of my nails, so bear with me!


Today's lovely, which I do absolutely love, it the What Happens in Vegas eyeshadow stack from Makeup Your Face. Contains loose, slightly shimmery shadows in 6 shades: Top to bottom: Honeymoon Suite (hot pink), Weekend Getaway (orange), Jackpot (yellow), Drive Thru Blue (duh), Royal Flush (purple) and Lost Wages (black).



Arm swatches: brushed on over Hard Candy Eye Shadow Primer. Full Sun.

I played around with this one for quite a while before this post, and I have three looks to show you today.


Look #1: Rainbow eyes! I used Honeymoon Suite in the corner of my upper lid, Weekend Getaway in the middle of my lid, Jackpot on the outer lid corner and on the brow bone, then Royal Flush and Drive Thru Blue on my lower lash line, all over Hard Candy primer. I mixed a bit of my primer with Lost Wages to use as liner. Topped with Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara in black. Waterline liner is Cover Girl Perfect Point eyeliner in Black Onyx. I absolutely love rainbow eyes, and any palette with a good chunk of rainbow colors will eventually be used as a rainbow eye! I did find myself wishing for a good green in this stack a few times.
.

Look #2: Sunset eyes. Honeymoon Suite on the brow bone, Weekend Getaway on my upper lid, and Jackpot blended with a bit of Weekend Getaway on my lower lash line. Rimmel Scandal-Eyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black (which I found thanks to You Had Me at Makeup- bought it the day I read her review), and the same mascara, primer and waterline liner as before. 


Aand Look #3. Which would not photograph properly. I was in a rush to get out the door, and all my photos had this odd, fairy light look to them. Anyway: Drive Thru Blue on my lid, Royal Flush on my brow bone and lower lash line, Lost Wages mixed with primer to create liner. Primer, mascara waterline as before.

These shadows were all nice and bright. If you put them on dry with a light touch, you can achieve a nice wash of color (which is foreign to me!). Over primer, or even wet- WOW. I've never really used shadow wet, other than as an eyeliner, but if you want through the roof color intensity, these will absolutely get there. These shadows also lasted- through breakfast with my four and one year old niece and nephew in one case, through a day of shopping- and trying on clothes, no less!- in nearly 100 degree heat. No caking, no smudging. All were applied using Eco Tools Bamboo shadow brush. Very little fallout. Overall: I'm very impressed with these, and can't wait to show you all my other goodies from Lauren at Makeup Your Face! I've got more shadows, including a creme shadow trio, plus lip gloss and body shimmer. She is also offering NAIL POLISH now, which I totally would have snapped up if they were available when I got these!

Makeup Your Face products can all be purchased on Etsy. This stack runs $17. MUYF offers many shadow shades in stacks, single color pots and sample size baggies, plus lip glosses, body shimmers, nail polish and nail polish jewelry. Stop by Facebook and pay them a like, then check out Lauren's blog- she's reviewed one of my polishes as well :)

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


No comments:

Post a Comment