Monday, August 6, 2012

I've Been Nominated for a Leibster Award!

The lovely K from Lightwell Nails nominated me for a Leibster Award, a special award for bloggers with less than 200 followers. It's a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers, and to gain recognition for those who are still pretty small. Thanks a million, K!


Rules are:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves. 
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. No tag backs.

So without further ado . . .



My 11 Things
1. I'm an avid knitter and crocheter. This has taken a bit of a backseat to my polish making this summer.
2. Oh yeah: I also make polish :)
3. I have two kitties: one of them is the sweetest, most loving, stupidest cat to ever walk the earth. The other views me as a giant opposable thumb.
4. I live in lovely western Wisconsin, and I don't think there are more beautiful views to be had anywhere.
5. I grew up an Army brat, so I've done my fair share of travelling. But not in the past 10 years or so.
6. I paint my nails pretty much every day.
7. I'm a huge fantasy nerd. My top 5 franchises are LOTR, ASOIAF, Doctor Who, Harry Potter and anything related to King Arthur.
8. I would be lost without my Nook. I love having all of my books with me, all the time.
9. I started this blog as another publicity outlet for my polish line, but I'm finding that I really, really enjoy showcasing other polish and cosmetics brands. I don't see them as "competition", but as sisters and friends.
10. My absolute favorite polish color is grey. My favorite color in general is probably the same.
11. I love limes.

Lightwell's Questions
1. What would you say your getting-started-with-blogging experience has been like?
I have loved every minute of it. I think that the indie polish community, and the polish community at large, is a wonderful and pretty tightly knit group. Every polish maker or blogger that I've communicated with has been nothing but supportive.
2. How do you store your stash? (Share pics! :D)
Everywhere! I don't have pics to share because it's just too messy :) I have a 5 drawer tower that houses my run-of-the-mill, cheap-o polishes, a wicker basket and cardboard tray (hopefully soon to be turned into pretty display tiers on my bookshelf!) for my Indies and higher end polishes, and a little (overflowing) box on my desk for untrieds.
3. Do you collect anything?
Polish, though "hoard" might be a better term :) I also have an affinity for pink flamingos, so I've got several plushies and knick-knacks that people have gifted me through the years.
4. What's your favorite part of every day?
When I finally get to lay down in bed, put on some trash TV or movie I've seen a hundred times, and cuddle with my kitty.
5. What other communities do you participate in on your blog topic? (i.e. Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, MUA, etc.)
I have a pretty large network of polish bloggers on my Facebook, and I stay in contact with some polish maker/bloggers through Etsy.
6. What nail technique, design, color combo etc. have you wanted to try but haven't yet?
My bathing suit is black with lime green and white polka dots, and I'd love to recreate that on my nails. I've also been wanting to try stamping, but haven't made the plunge and purchased any plates yet.
7. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Don't hate me, but I've never made it through more than an hour of Star Wars :( I'm a Trek fan, but not a Trekkie.
8. What was the most memorable trip you ever took?
I went on a school trip to NYC in March of 2002. The city was still very shaken, but putting itself back together. Visiting Ground Zero and seeing all the Missing and Memorial posters still hanging was incredibly moving. And then three blocks away, it was like it never happened. It was the only time in history I could have visited and gotten that experience.
9. What's your favorite breed of dog?
I'm really not a dog person, but those mini huskies (Klee kai?) are adorable!
10. What do you never leave the house without?
Aside from the obvious wallet/keys, I can't go anywhere without lip balm.
11. What's your favorite piece of "life advice"?
Just to live, and enjoy life! If you're not enjoying what you're doing, then you're doing it wrong!

My Questions for my Tag-ees
1. What is your favorite color combination and/or graphic pattern?
2. What is your biggest, guiltiest pleasure?
3. If you could be any mythical creature, what would it be and why?
4. What (or who!) got you into blogging?
5. Do you have any huge "geek" franchises? (As in: my top 5 from the 11 things about me.)
6. What are your fave indie/mainstream polish brands?
7. What is your favorite candy?
8. What is your favorite type of polish? (ex. crackle, magnetic, holo, matte glitter, etc.)
9. Where is your "happy place"? Either physical or mental.
10. Which holiday do you most look forward to, and why?
11. What other hobbies do you have, other than polish?


My Nominations!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination!
    I love reading all the bits and bytes about other bloggers. lots of fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You For The Nomination!! Just Came Back To The Polish World So This Is Something To Get Me Started :o)

    ReplyDelete