Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet Sea: Mermaid Grotto by Rainbow Polish

I'm sure you're all aware by now that blue polishes are not my favorites. However, there is a caveat to that: I'm LOVING the glut of mermaid and peacock polishes lately. Somehow, the cool-toned trio of blue, green and purple just works for me. Deep, rich jewel tones for the peacocks, and lighter, dreamy airy pastels for the mermaids.


Today's polish is Mermaid Grotto by Rainbow Polish.


I didn't see this polish listed in Tonya's Etsy store, so it's up to me to describe it! This always make me nervous with other ladies' polishes, as I'm terrified that I'll mis-identify a color or something. Any mistake is relatively minor, but I hate possibly misrepresenting someone else's hard work! All that aside: Mermaid Grotto is sheer, sky blue tinted pearly-shimmery base with mediumish silver holo hexes and short aqua bar glitters. 


Nail wheel swatches show L-R: one coat of Mermaid Grotto over Sally Hansen No Hard Feelings, NYC High Line Green, NYC Water Street Blue and 3 coats alone.


I chose to layer Mermaid Grotto over Sally Hansen No Hard Feelings, because the blue shimmer in the base showed up best over the lilac color. Photos show two coats of Mermaid Grotto over NHF, topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken in full sun.


This look was so airy and confectionary- if "Mermaid" were to ever show up on my Halloween costume list, this polish would be in. 


This polish applied very well. The glitter is all small enough to come out easily, and not clump together at all. The bar glitters were shorter than your average bar glitter, so there was no chance of curling, and even on my super-curvy nails, they didn't stick off the sides at all. The pearly blue-ish base would look great over pretty much any polish, in my opinion. Well, maybe not orange. But that's probably it!

Rainbow Polish can be purchased on Etsy, $8.50 for a full sized bottle. Tonya also offers a gift wrap option, which will save tons of time come holiday season. Be sure to like on Facebook as well for photos and updates. Post pics of your Rainbow Polish mani on Rainbow Polish's wall, and once a month, one lucky lady will win a polish :)




* This polish was provided to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment