Saturday, August 25, 2012

Follow You Until You Love Me: Paparazzi by Custom Nail Art

I'm such a bad blogger! I've missed so many posts this week, and I'm incredibly sorry- it's been a hellish week at work, and the last thing I wanted to do when coming home was more work. But I'm here now, and scheduling a bunch of posts for next week, so I get my relax-after-work time, and you still get to see the pretties I have collected :)


Today's pretty is Paparazzi by Custom Nail Art- a clear based glitter topper just packed with gold holo bar glitter, plus a dash of small violet hexes. What a regal combination, and something that I haven't seen before. 



This polish really shines over darker colors, in my opinion. L-R on nail wheel: 3 coats of Paparazzi alone, and one coat over Wet N Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, Wet N Wild Burgundy Frost and creme black.


I chose to use the burgundy with a black accent nail for my full mani. Photos are taken indoors under "natural" light bulb. Not much sun around here for a few days :(


This is one coat of Paparazzi over my base color, topped with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite.


I absolutely love holo glitter, but I'm usually not really a fan of bar glitters. My nail beds are very curved, so they tend to stick off, and if there's any curling- I'm a picker, so they don't last a minute! Luckily, I had zero problems with these bars. No curling whatsoever, and the Gelous+SV combo kept them firmly plastered to my nails. This is also a very generous glitter polish- one coat was PLENTY to give my nails all the pizzazz that I could want! Three coats wasn't completely opaque, but it was pretty close. I've never seen a full on, Rockstar glitter manicure with a predominantly bar glitter before. I may have to try that :)

Custom Nail Art is new to the scene- to me at least. She's got some beautiful polishes available- shaped and funky large glitter mixes to smaller full coverage glitters to NON-GLITTER polishes! (Check out Timberwolf - pretty grey duochrome shimmer.) I really love when indies offer cremes and shimmers, because sometimes- I just need a break from all that glitter! Blasphemous, I know, but it's such a PITA to remove, that at least once a fortnight, I want something pretty, but still low maintenance. 

Custom Nail Art Polishes can be purchased on Etsy- full size bottles run $7-$11, and minis are $3. She also has special "packages" where buying multiple bottles will net you a bit of a savings. Don't forget to Like on Facebook for updates, sales, discounts and news- like two new collections premiering in September!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



* This polish was provided to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment