Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mardi Gris: Winter is Coming by Geek Glitter

I did it! I came up with a clever name! Mardi Gris, or Grey Tuesday, will hereafter be my version of Blue Monday. Because I enjoy neither blue polish nor Mondays, but I LOVE me some grey polish! I merely tolerate Tuesdays. I can't promise that you'll get a grey every single week, but let's face it: It's pretty damn likely.


Without further ado: Winter is Coming by Geek Glitter! If you know absolutely nothing else about Game of Thrones, you know that Winter is Coming. The words of House Stark do not boast of honor or loyalty or ferocity, but warn of the impending winter. 


Rebecca from Geek Glitter says that Winter is Coming is "part of the Game of Thrones collection, inspired by House Stark's sigil- a gray direwolf racing across a field of white. . . Winter is Coming contains sating white glitter, fine silver glitter and silver holographic glitter in a shimmery gray base. The base in this one is super pretty- it's gray, but it flashes an icy blue in the sunlight." I couldn't agree with this more- the base is super gorgeous! And so is the glitter, of course :) Unfortunately, nature decided on an overcast day when this was worn, so I couldn't capture photos of that blue flash- I did get to see it a bit though!


Photos show three coats of Winter is Coming, topped with Seche Vite, in outdoor, mostly overcast lighting.


Ohh, hey! There's a little sun!



Hey, I lied! You can see a bit of that ice blue flash near the top of my finger there. Also a great shot of that tiny holo sparkle. Winter is Coming went on very easily with no glitter clumping. I probably could have even gotten away with Out the Door as a topcoat, but I use Seche Vite on all my glitters out of habit. The silvery-grey base went on over those white satin hexes (the larger glitters) just enough to make it them look snow covered. If snow were silver. Which I kind of wish it were. Back on topic- it cut the "stark"ness (see what I did there?) of the white, without actually burying it. 

Geek Glitter polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized bottles run $8.75, while minis are $4. All polishes are made with suspension base, solvent resistant glitters and stainless steel mixing beads. International shipping is also available! Good news, my overseas sistas! Stop by Geek Glitter's Facebook and pay her a like, and check out my review of her Khaleesi polish!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz-


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 


1 comment: