Thursday, August 9, 2012

Funfetti Cake Nails: Confetti by Miss March

I was always a bit afraid of the white-out-as-nail-polish look that seems to come from white creme polishes, but my mind is changing. There are so many adorable glitter combinations that really pop against a white base.


This is Confetti by Miss March. It is a white creme polish with mixed matte glitter. And it is shiny! No topcoat featured in this photo! 


Looks like cake frosting- I love me some Funfetti cake :) This is two coats of Confetti alone, no topcoat. Photos taken in indoor "natural" light with no flash.


Then I though: "If any polish could really benefit from a matte topcoat, it's one that looks like frosting." So I went ahead and matted it with NYC Matte Me Crazy topcoat.


I'm not the biggest fan of matte in the world, but there are some polishes that just call out for it, and I think this was one of them. The glitter colors just jump off the white when the shine isn't there.

This polish applied like there wasn't even glitter in it. Smooth and even, no fishing, no glitter clumping, no muss, no fuss. The white is very opaque. I think a white base coat would be a waste of time/polish- Confetti really did the trick all by itself. It wasn't so thick that the glitter got buried either- just enough of a white coat to complete that frosting look. 

Miss March polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Minis bottles are $5 and full size are $8. She also has a Bonus Buy listed in her shop, where you can get a full sized "Mystery Polish" for $3 with the purchase of any other full sized polish.








No comments:

Post a Comment