Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another Appropriate Pair: Sunlight and Phoenix by Starlight & Sparkles

I'm nearing the end of my stash of Starlight polishes to show off. Issa offers so many beautiful colors- I've shown you Starlight, Unicorn, Dragon and Din.  Today we have Phoenix and Sunlight. Which leaves me with only two more colors to show :( I guess that means I'd better get shopping, right?


I've yet to see Sunlight (a gold glitter topcoat) available for sale, but Phoenix is a duochrome topcoat, which Issa says "shifts from red to gold to green, and flashes vivid red and bright green at the extremes of it's color range." Due to the many, many colors that Phoenix shows, this post will be rather more picture-heavy than most of my others :) All photos show one coat of Phoenix over creme black, with an accent nail of one coat of Sunlight over black, taken in bright sunlight.


Lovely bronze-y copper.


Much more red, with some copper flashes. 


Getting into a bit of gold, still with some red flashes. 


Gold with touches of olive. 


Lots of green in the shade, plus some orange-y copper. (The green in the shine spots, especially noticeable on my ring finger, is from my camera :( Please ignore it. The green on the edges of the nails ARE due to the polish)


More green and gold.


Green and copper, plus a little bit of life from Sunlight!

Phoenix, like every other Starlight polish I've tried, has gone on so smoothly and easily, there's really nothing to complain about. High color saturation and incredible color payoff! Perhaps once I finish my first run, I'll revisit these to see if a colored base coat (rather than black) plays as nicely with the color shift of the topcoat. 

As I said at the top of the post, I have not seen Sunlight available for sale. It was . . . a bit underwhelming. It's a lovely gold glitter topcoat in it's own right, but pairing it with a flashy duochrome topcoat was a mistake, as it really doesn't do much, and it was completely outshined by Phoenix. It will absolutely punch up your dark polish, but it doesn't do tricks like the rest of the amazing color shifts that Starlight offers. It did, however, apply just as easily :)

Starlight and Sparkles polish can be purchased on Etsy. Both minis and full size bottles are available, in a wide range of prices. Issa's specialty is definitely color-shifting polishes, and she offers some lovely holos as well. Starlight polishes are 3-free and do not contain carmine or any other animal-derived ingredients. 

Have you tried any Starlight colors yet? Which one won you over?

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


*These products were provided to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment