Friday, September 7, 2012

Under Construction by Pretty Polish

I've got three bits of news to share, before we get to the good stuff. The first, which you may have noticed, is that I've redesigned the page! When I first started blogging, I kind of randomly threw together a background and some colors, and called it good. I wanted to get to the fun part! But I do really enjoy the designing part, and I wanted something that was a bit more individual, and a bit more pertinent to a polish blog. What is more apt than glitter?

2nd: I've added upwards of 30 new indies to the Complete Indie Shops tab this week! This brings my list (which I'm sure is missing quite a few) up to a grand total of 258 (!) distinct indie sellers! Yowza.

And finally: my birthday is at the end of the month! And I'm having a giveaway! I'm just waiting for all the prizes to come in to start :) There will be at least 3 winners, and the featured prizes include my own line, Not Too Polished, the highly coveted Daytrippin' by Pretty & Polished, some Darling Divas, some Once Upon a Polish, and other goodies! Are you excited? I am!

Now, on to the good stuff!



Today's lovely is Under Construction by Pretty Polish. It is a black and white topcoat, with 15 different glitters, including some holo powder for added sparkle.


I layered one coat of Under Construction over China Glaze Agro from the Hunger Games Collection. Topped with one coat of Gelous and one coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural, albeit overcast, lighting. 


I love a good black and white topcoat, and every single one has something different to offer. The squares and diamonds are really what makes this one for me.


Agro has a shimmery base on its own, but with the added holo pop from Under Construction, this mani was on fire! I received this polish while it was still "Under construction", and thus, nameless! When I contacted Jeanette to ask about a name, I was told to call it Under Construction, and the name stuck! How cool is that? It's also kind of apt, what with the random shapes, and monochromatic scheme- like construction debris. This glitter applied very easily, and there was no need for fishing at all. Every brush stroke was different, with different shapes and color tendencies. It's almost an "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of glitter, but limited to black and white. 

Pretty Polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized bottles run from $8 (for glitter toppers) to $11.50 (for linear holos- and she has some gorgeous ones!) I've watched this indie shop explode since I first discovered her. Her formulas are great, and there are some beautiful and unique color combos to be had. Be sure to stop by Facebook to Like and check out swatches and reviews.

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz-


* This product was provided to me for an honest review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment