Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Warlocks of Qarth: Shade of the Evening by Geek Glitter

Today I have my last Geek Glitter to show off :( I can't wait until Rebecca releases more colors- I've been thoroughly impressed with everything she's offered so far. To be fair, I haven't tried every single polish she's created, but it's only a matter of time- and budget!


Meet Shade of the Evening, "inspired by shade of the evening- the wine of the warlocks of Qarth, which tastes like all of the tastes you have ever tastes, and some that you have not. Shade of the Evening contains squares and hex royal blue, purple and holographic purple glitters in a sheer blurple base that flashes blue in the sunlight."


I layered three coats of Shade of the Evening over itself, topped with a thick coat of Seche Vite. All photos taken in full sunlight. NOTE: See that glitter near the top of my middle finger? The one that looks like it's curling? It's NOT. There were no curling glitters in this polish. It is reflective curling only, and that is the only speck of glitter that I noticed it on. I know how up in arms folks have been getting about curling/reflective curling glitters lately, and I have had zero problem with curling or reflective curling in ANY of my Geek Glitter polishes. Except for that one speck, which laid completely flat on the nail, showing only a bit of reflective curling. ::rant over::


Rebecca layers this polish over many other colors in the Etsy listing, and I think over a navy blue the color is closest to the actual blue of the Qartheen warlocks' lips. But it is a beautiful polish in its own right, and I wanted to showcase it alone. The base is a frosty blue-violet, which is neither my favorite finish nor color, but the overall effect is lovely. The blue and purple glitters play off of each other well, and the base is quite subtle. 

Shade of the Evening applied very easily.The base color built to opacity in three coats, and did not conceal the glitter of previous coats at all. Glitter applied smoothly and evenly, and didn't even need a coat of Gelous.  Have you tried Geek Glitter yet? I'm seriously impressed with the ones that I've tried. See Khaleesi and Winter is Coming for more great ASOIAF colors. 

Geek Glitter is available for purchase on Etsy. All current colors are A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) inspired. Full sized bottles run $8.75, while a mini can be had for $4. Stop by Geek Glitter's Facebook page to like them as well: previews and swatches, folks! 

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment