Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Apple Season!: Autumn Explosion by Glitz in a Bottle

I went into this mani with a purely "fall" mindset. You know, swirling leaves, dusty colors, yada yada. But as I sit here typing this up, drinking a Caramel Apple (equal parts Buttershots and Washington Apple licquors, brands irrelevant), it occurs to me that this mani looks very Caramel- Apple-licious! Of course, it could be the alcohol talking :)


This is two coats of Autumn Explosion, dabbed on over Sinful Colors Nirvana (which is an amazing fall color, and I'm sure you'll see tons of it as undies!) and Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. Topped with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in full sunlight. 


Carolina from Glitz in a Bottle calls Autumn Explosion "all the polish you need to add that Fall Flare to your nails. With a mix of fine black glitters, bright orange hex, and pale yellow matte glitter, it'll be like watching the leaves change colors right on your own hands."  As much as I loved Scandle Shimmer, this was the winner out of the two- hands down! I am definitely a fall loving kind of girl: cold enough at night to snuggle up with my kitty and a fuzzy blanket, cool enough for long sleeves- but not cold- during the day, the beautiful colors, the food! Apples and pumpkins and stews, oh my! I appear to have gone off on a tangent, but I really and truly LOVE anything fall related, and this glitter topper is just perfect!


I wish I'd seen that hair on my nails in all the pictures before I changed my polish :( 

As for the polish itself, aside from being the perfect topper to EVERY fall color you own, is wonderful. I recommend dabbing it on to achieve even coverage. I did two coats (dabbed, of course) for the coverage you see on the photos above. Nice and simple, without being boring. Pretty sure I'll revisit this one. Especially if I can find that perfect dark leaf green creme that my brain insists must exist somewhere! Also, if I can make it through some of my untried stash :)

Have you checked out Glitz in a Bottle yet? If not: do it! They're on Etsy, where a full sized polish will set you back $7.50. Carolina's specialty is definitely glitter topcoats, but there are some gorgeous shimmer colors as well! Stop by the GiaB Facebook page and click the like button, and news and swatches and other goodies will magically show up in your newsfeed :)

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz




*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 






No comments:

Post a Comment