Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sugary Sweet Death: I Killed the Teen Dream by Tara's Nail Art

"I killed Liz. I killed the Teen Dream. Deal with it!" 


Meet I Killed the Teen Dream by Tara's Nail Art. This polish is named for a line in the teen murder comedy Jawbreaker. It is a very slightly milky base with multi rainbow metallic glitters. I layered three coats of Teen Dream over a metallic silver, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken indoors under a "natural" light bulb. 


The base in this polish was too lightly tinted to wear on its own without VNL, but it would look great over a variety of colors.


You can see that the base dulled my silver undies just a bit. 


An awkward comparison photo: thumb shows three coats of I Killed the Teen Dream alone.

I Killed the Teen Dream applied very easily. Smooth, even glitter coverage. The base is sheer enough that is can go over any color, but it will alter that color slightly, making it a bit more subtle. Average dry time and not at all gritty or topcoat-hungry,

Tara's Nail Art polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Most polishes are only available as minis, for $3, while the few full sized polish go for $7. All polishes are movie themed, and great movies, too! There is a whole new collection based on Empire Records, one of my absolute favorite movies from high school! Tara also makes adorable nail polish jewelry.

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This product was provided to me for an honest review.  






1 comment: