Sunday, September 9, 2012

SCENTED Lollipop Explosion by Wonder Beauty Products

Ladies, how much do you LOVE scented nail polish? Every time I see any polish that is scented, it takes me right back to being 6 years old, painting my fingertips (not nails, but whole fingertips- don't even act like you were a pro at 6 years old!) with with weird, Kool-Aid-y smelling polish. Scented polish has always kind of been kid's domain- candy colors and kid friendly smells- until now! Scent has now hit the INDIE world, and I couldn't be more excited!


Meet the first of two SCENTED polishes I have to show you, from Wonder Beauty Products. This is Lollipop Explosion.


Lollipop Explosion is a white creme-jelly base filled with metallic hexes, matter shatters and white bars, and it's hard candy scented! It's a sweet smell without being horribly cloying- it's very grown up. It actually reminds me of a fruity cocktail- my roommate's favorite drink is Cherry Doctor/Dr. Pepper, and the smell is somewhat reminiscent of that!


This is three coats of Lollipop Explosion, with an accent nail of two coats over Wet N Wild Tickled Pink, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in full sunlight.


A beautiful white glitter polish. BUT SCENTED!


A closeup, to better see the glitters. Lollipop Explosion went on very well- smoothly, easy glitter application, no clumping or dragging. The smell is strongest while it's wet, but it's not overpowering. And it isn't something you can smell from a mile away, which is awesome. If your hands are near your face, you can smell it, but you won't walk around having people ask if you bought new perfume! It's a very nice balance of scented, but not in your face. And it lasts: even through a coat of topcoat, you can still smell the candy scent! I painted my nails at night, and the scent lasted all through shopping the next day. It dulled considerably after a shower, but was still there if you sniffed really closely! 


Also: the shatter glitter (shrapnel from the Explosion?) is sheer. See how that red shatter on my nail shows the white bar underneath it? Very cool.

Wonder Beauty Products in the first small indie maker that I've seen with scented polish! I know Cirque polishes are subtly scented, but I think they're all the same aromatherapy scent. Wonder Beauty offer this one, Clown Toots- "circus" scented like cotton candy and popcorn, Hot for Teacher- cinnamon scented, and Sorceress (which I'll be showing you soon!)- black licorice scented!

WBP polishes are available on Etsy. Regular full sized bottles are $10, scented are $11 and palettes (little pots, as seen here) are $12. The scented polishes do not appear to be available in palette form. Be sure to like WBP on Facebook and follow along on the Wonder Beauty blog for updates, reviews, previews and giveaways!

Have you tried Wonder Beauty Products yet? Which are your favorites? Crotch Rocket is still one of my favorite greys :)

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz-



*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 






2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I haven't seen any indie brands with scented polishes. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WBP is the first one I've seen, and they're way more grown up than the scented polishes from when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete