Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tropical Treat: Paradise Smooth by Ashley's Polish

I have the second of two Ashley's Polishes to show off today, and it's another pink! (You can see Vampire Venom here.) 


Meet Paradise Smoothie. Totally reminds me of blended up passion fruit :) Ashley describes this colors as "Pink glitter, purple glitter & blue glitter . . . Black Diamonds . . . The base is a pinkish purple. Milky kinda." I'd call it a bright pink creme. This is two coats, topped with two coats of Gelous and two coats of Seche Vite, taken in natural overcast lighting. 


Check out the gorgeous sparkle in the bottle! This polish was super thick, and you can see that the micro glitters made it look a bit lumpy. Sad panda. BUT WAIT! Thinner to the rescue!


I added a few drops of thinner to the bottle, and it worked like a charm! I'm not sure if this polish is naturally thick, or if it just thickened after baking in my mail box for a few hours in the heat. Either way, once it was thinned out a bit, it went on like buttah! The glitter was smooth and even, and only needed one coat of SV to give it that glassy finish. This is two coats over Sinful Colors Pink Forever, topped with one coat of Seche Vite. This round of photos taken under indoor "natural" light, no flash.


I didn't have to fish for the diamonds that are on my nails, but as you can see, they didn't show up on every nail. For a more even look, fishing may be necessary. I loved the color of Paradise Smoothie- a bright Barbie pink, speckled with darker glitters giving it a beautiful depth. This will be the perfect color in the middle of the gloomy winter, when I'm craving a little tropical and can wait for spring! 

Ashley's Polish is available on Etsy: full size bottles run $8 - $8.50. All polishes are made with 3 free suspension base. Have you discovered this indie yet? What are your thoughts?

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


No comments:

Post a Comment