Monday, September 10, 2012

A New Kind of Candy: Candy Coated by Miss March

White based polishes with matte glitters and a candy theme have gained a cult following in the indie world. I've seen a few pastel pink ones as well. But this is the first BLUE candy polish I've seen yet!


Meet Candy Coated by Miss March. Jen describes this color as "a light sheer mint green color in a 3 free suspension base which holds many colors of matte rainbow glitter." It is a bit minty, but I really think it's more blue than green, My bottle was at least- you can see it by itself later in the post. Jen's son named this polish, because he thought it looked like candy. I love a cute story attached to my polish :)


This is two coats of Candy Coated over Sinful Colors Cinderella (you can see Cinderella by itself in this post) topper with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in overcast sunlight.


Now that I've heard it described as mint green, I see more of a minty tone to Candy Coated, but I still say blue!


On my thumb I did three coats of Candy Coated alone, topped with Seche Vite.


An awkwardly-posed comparison: top is three coats of Candy Coated alone, bottom is two coats over Sinful Cinderella. 


As with all pastel-y candy-themed polishes, I felt the need to matte this! This shows the same mani topped with NYC Matte Me Crazy topcoat. 

Candy Coated went on smoothly and easily. No glitter fishing or clumping. The base was tinted enough to wear alone with three coats, but didn't hide any of the previous layers' glitter. This would be an adorable baby shower mani if it were for a boy. The only baby shower I've been to recently was for a girl, so I couldn't rock this one :(

Miss March polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized bottles run $8, and minis are $5. All polishes are 3-free, and her "official shaker boy", her son, receives $1 for each bottle of polish sold :)

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 








No comments:

Post a Comment