Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Perfect Summer Sip: Pink Lemonade by Daring Digits

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE Daring Digits' polish. Ashley has the most amazingly creative minds when it comes to combining colors, and I have yet to see one of her polishes that I don't absolutely love! That said, sometimes love doesn't translate once the polish combines with my skin :(


Meet Daring Digits' Pink Lemonade. This is a shimmery yellow base with micro and medium matte pink glitters. A sister color, Berry Lemonade, is the same with teal glitters rather than pink. 


Pink Lemonade is a gorgeous, shimmery, citrus-y yellow that is perfect for the end of summer. And I really adore the color yellow in general. But my skin is so fair that I end up looking rather ill when wearing yellow polish. I loved this color enough to forget that when I bought this it.


This is two coats of Pink Lemonade on its own, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural, overcast sunlight.


The absolute only problem I had with this polish was the fact that it is not suited for my skintone. It applies super smoothly, and became opaque in two coats without hiding any glitter. This would be the perfect, refreshing summer color on darker skin, and I think it is the perfect color to end the summer on.

Daring Digits polish can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized bottles run $7.75, minis $4.25. Be sure to check out the DD Facebook page for restock updates and new color swatches! Follow along on Instagram (#daringdigits) and the Daring Digits blog. And stop by to see my swatches of Master Shake- not only my favorite Daring Digits polish, but easily in my top 5 ever!

Have you tried Daring Digits yet? Which are your faves?

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz-

No comments:

Post a Comment