Sunday, September 2, 2012

Va-Va-ViXXen! Featuring Vixen by Varnish Vixen

Vixen! What a great word. One that does not get used nearly enough, in my opinion. Most dictionary entries I read seem to think it means a quarrelsome, shrewish woman (in addition to a female fox), but Mirriam Webster offers a third definition: a sexually attractive woman. And to me, at least, it connotes a pretty sharp one as well. After all, a vixen IS a fox, and foxes are smart and sly, as well as playful and energetic. Also: adorable! So kudos to Varnish Vixen for re-adding this word to my vocabulary.


Caley from Varnish Vixen describes her "signature color" as "fine pink and pink holographic glitter suspended in a black jelly base."


This is three coats of Vixen by itself, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural, outdoor light.


This color did become opaque in two coats, as promised, but I went with three to get a deeper black look. Most black jellies really look best when layered over a black creme polish, but this looked outstanding on its own. It's a soft black look, but it is definitely black. And look at the amount of glitter you get by layering! Almost a galaxy look, if only there were pink stars :) Vixen applied smoothly, but I definitely had to make sure my previous coat was dry before adding the next. I pulled of a fair bit of glitter by not waiting long enough on the first pass. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. Beautiful polish, with a beautiful name. For any black and pink lovers out there: this is THE polish for you, I promise.

Varnish Vixen polishes can be purchased on Etsy, at $8.50 per full size bottle. All polishes are 3- and Cruelty Free, and created with glitter grade suspension base and stainless steel mixing beads. Have you tried anything from Varnish Vixen yet? I'm totally crushing on Zombie Breath and Vampire's Delight from the Halloween collection :) Be sure to like Varnish Vixen on Facebook as well- lots of new color/shop announcements!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers, 
-Liz-


*This product was provided to me for an honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment