Friday, February 8, 2013

Cupid Stunt by Flash Your Tips: Swatch and Review

Good morning my lovelies! Do I have a busy weekend for you, or what? I've got quite a few posts planned each day, as I have several Valentine's inspired polishes I want to show off with enough time to order, I still owe you two days from Crumpet's 31 Day Challenge, and I want to give you a good look at my new polishes! We'll get right down into the first post:


Today's polish is Cupid Stunt by Flash Your Tips. Cupid Stunt is from the brand new All My Sisters Collection, and while the name implies VDay, it is really not holiday specific. This is two coats over Sinful Colors Black on Black, topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken under Ott Lite.


Rachel from Flash Your Tips calls Cupid Stunt "a fabulous Glitter topcoat", and she couldn't be more right! This polish is soo blingy, my camera just spazzed out. It's a clear based topcoat just packed full of silver holo micro bars and hexes, accented with red satin hexes. I went with black undies to show the bling to its fullest, but the possibilities are endless: over pink or violet to play up the Valentine's angle, over blue for Independance/Memorial/other American patriotic holiday, over golds and oranges for fall, over green for Christmas . . . don't let the name fool you into thinking this polish is a one trick pony. 


Blurred out photo to show all the holo-y goodness. This is definitely a distracting polish in the sun!


Yay, my camera finally caught a good one! This polish is super packed with glitter, and thus required a bit of patience in application. The glitters had a tendency to clump a bit, and needed to be spread out. For the glitter payoff, I don't think that's unreasonable, or even unusual. This polish could probably be opaque (though quite blinding!) on it's own at 4-ish coats. 

I have all four of the All My Sisters polishes (you can see Daisy Chain here, the rest will be up later this weekend), and picking a favorite is just . . . not possible :) Cupid Stunt was definitely the most eye-catching right out of the package, but the color combinations that Rachel has created are truly unique, and quite stunning. Check out Flash Your Tips on Etsy and Facebook. There is a giveaway on the Facebook page if you act fast! 


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 





No comments:

Post a Comment