Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Swamp Creature by Free Hippie


Have you ever gone through your polish stash, and been completely surprised by which color you actually own the most of? My favorite color for polish is grey, but as it turns out, I have almost four times as many green polishes as I do greys! I really do like green as well, but I didn't realize I liked it that much :) I suppose there is much more variation possible in greens than there is in grey. That said, today's polish is a stunner of a green!


Meet Swamp Creature, by Free Hippie. Creator Rebecca says that "Green micro glitter adds a mysterious sparkle to this deep, luscious green shimmer polish." I would call the base a jungle green, leaning slightly toward jade, with emerald shimmer. This is two coats, topped with Seche Vite. First photo taken indoors, remaining photos taken in natural sunlight. 


My love for indies is no secret, but neither is my love for a palette cleanser from all the glitter bombs! Free Hippie excels at creating beautiful and interesting polishes that are not loaded up with glitter. I've got several of her polishes sitting in my draft folder, and I feel horrible for not showing them off before now, but I'm definitely working on remedying that! Swamp Creature went on smoothly in two fuss-free coats, and wore like iron. I actually wore this color for three days straight, and there wasn't a chip in sight, which is quite a feat for me! 

Free Hippie polishes- along with Hippie and Boho Chic jewelry- can be purchased on Etsy. If you haven't checked her out yet, I recommend it!



1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful green polish!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://lalalalacquer.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete