Thursday, February 21, 2013

Horse Feathers by Sinister Benediction

WARNING: This post is extremely picture heavy! I don't know about you, but I get so excited discovering new indie polish makers! I'm (obviously!) a huge supported of the indie scene, and the creativity that each and every creator displays is just astounding. Today's polish was an insane discovery for me. You'll see why in just a tick.


Meet Horse Feathers by Sinister Benediction. The Etsy listing describes it as: "a high shimmer multichrome polish with a peacock teal base color that shifts to blue and violet. You can wear it alone, but it packs more of a punch layered over a dark base." All photos are taken in natural sunlight. 


Nail wheel swatches, L-R: three coats alone, two coats over Sinful Colors Black on Black, China Glaze Near Dark, Pure Ice Party Hard, Sinful Colors Inkwell and NYC Midtown Mink. Did you catch on yet? It's a MULTICHROME that DOESN'T NEED undies!! Granted, the color shift is much more apparent over dark colors, but it's still gorgeous on its own. 


Closeup of nail wheel. On the far left is three coats alone. The actual base color is rather brownish, with intense teal sparkle when worn alone. The next two nails are over black and Near Dark, a blackened green,


Over Party Hard, a dark navy, Inkwell, a blackened plum and Midtown Mink, a dark chocolate brown. I layered Horse Feathers over some of my darker colors to see if a not-quite-black base color would change the overall appearance of the polish, and for the most part, it didn't. Over Midtown Mink, the look is obviously brown, but the other colors all read mostly the same. At least, they were similar enough that I wouldn't rush out to buy a different base color if you have a black creme handy.


And now we get to the meat! These remaining photos show one coat of Horse Feathers over Sinful Colors Black on Black, topped with Out the Door. Photos are taken in natural sunlight. 


There is an awesome purple-ish color shift visible on the edges of the bottle that was a bit elusive in real life. It was occasionally visible on the edge of the nail, but I was not able to capture is on film :( The main colors I saw were royal blue, teal, and occasionally almost-emerald green.


You can almost see the purple on the tips!



Some of that almost-emerald on the lower edge of my middle finger. 





Aside from the fact that Horse Feathers can be worn alone- which is something I've never seen before, and I love-, I was very impressed with the polish. It applied without a hitch, smooth and perfect in one coat. The color shift from teal-blue-occasional green way gorgeous. I only with the violet came out to play a bit more. Perhaps next I'll try a full mani over Inkwell to see if that plum base will force the violet out a bit more. I do have two more Sinister Benediction multichromes this week, so be on the lookout!


Sinister Benediction polishes can be purchased on Etsy. In addition to the multichromes, there is a collection of color shifting glitter topcoats, and Metal Earth, a metallic collection inspired by the metals of Middle Earth, which I obviously need!


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 










No comments:

Post a Comment