Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Holiday Movie


I had the same problem with this prompt that I did with the Song prompt. In a completely non-self depricating way, I know that I just do NOT have the skills to recreate any sort of real "artwork" on my nails. I've never been able to draw or paint anything that is remotely recognizable- my artistic talents definitely lie elsewhere! So after some thought, I decided to be rather abstract today.


Do you get it? Of course not :) My favorite holiday movie of all time is Christmas Vacation. This is my version of the Griswold Family Christmas lights. In keeping with the spirit of the challenge, I went for a nail art technique that I have never tried, the glequin mani! I started with a base of three coats of my own Lestrange polish, then placed some gold and silver holo loose glitter from my polish making supplies. So technically, not quite glequins, but is there actually a difference? My index finger is Lestrange alone, and my ring is some lime and sapphire holo glitters just sprinkled on. 


Check out all that fiery holo glitter! I love the look of the individually placed glitters, though there are a few spots where I got more than one glitter, and couldn't remove the excess without wrecking the whole thing. See my thumb :( Overall, I'm pretty sure I'll bust out this type of mani again. 

We're gonna have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny fucking Kaye! And when Santa squeezed his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!

Be sure to check out all the other lovely ladies (and gentleman!)'s manis below!





5 comments:

  1. I like it! A stylized approach to art is perfectly valid & you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That would definitely blind someone! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I was in the same boat as you. Using the skills you have is all that matters. You really did a great job!

      Delete
  3. Nice take on the whole movie theme! Sometimes thinking out of the box is what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, and not a bad movie choice at all :D

    ReplyDelete