Thank you so, so much to Liz (great name!) from Makeup Obsessed, who nominated me! I did this way back in July (I think), when I had about 15 followers, so I'm looking forward to doing the whole shebang again- it's such a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers :)
1. State 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you (and link back to them!)
3. Tag 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, and ask the, 11 questions. Be sure to let them know you nominated them!
My 11 Random Facts
1. Obviously, I love nail polish, but my second passion is knitting. I got so into polish through the summer and fall that I kind of forgot about it, but I picked it up to do some Christmas presents, and it's just . . .pure bliss. So relaxing.
2. I have 2 kitties, Clio and Ash. Clio is Ash's mom.
3. I'm so proud of myself, because I am DONE Christmas shopping already! I picked up the last few gifts last night. Now I just have to wrap . . .
4. I hate wrapping gifts. If the object is not in a perfectly square box, into a gift bag it goes.
5. I am a coffee junkie. Hot or cold, home brewed, coffee house dessert drink or even the coffee flavored energy drinks. Yes, please!
6. My favorite color palette is black/white/grey, very monochromatic with just a splash of bright color. Typically hot pink :)
7. I have no confidence in my nail art skills, but I really enjoy doing challenges to force myself to practice and improve.
8. I refuse to wear plain, boring white socks.
9. I don't like chocolate.
10. I hate feet, including my own. This unfortunately means that I only paint my toes about once a month :(
11. The entire Tolkien franchise is my number one nerd-thing. I have been counting down to the Hobbit for over two years! And now that there's less than a week to go, I don't know what to do with myself!
11 Questions from Liz
1. Favorite Nail Polish? I have to pick one single polish? Ouch . . . probably NYC Carrie'd Away. It's the perfect nude shade for me, and creates and awesome base for pretty much everything.
2. Where did you grow up? My dad was in the Army until I was 15, so I didn't really "grow up" anywhere. I've lived in Germany, twice, Oklahoma, Michigan, et cetera. We stayed in Wisconsin when he retired, so that is "home".
3. Favorite Movie? The Wizard of Oz.
4. Person that inspired you the most? My parents. My father, for all that he sacrificed, both as an Army man and a family man, and for teaching me the meaning of "gentleman". And my mother, for teaching me grace and courage under fire, how to stand up for myself when I know I'm in the right, and for teaching me (Daddy helped with this one too) to think for myself and reach my own conclusions about things that truly matter.
5. Favorite Indie polish? It would be cheating to pick my own, right? My favorite brand is Darling Diva Polish, but my favorite single polish is probably Crotch Rocket by Wonder Beauty Products.
6. If you could be anyone else for one day, who would it be? I'm generally pretty happy, and wouldn't want to trade places with anyone. Unless I could be someone incredibly rich, and then get to keep all the stuff I bought after I turn back into myself.
7. What made you start your blog? I originally thought it would be a vehicle to promote my own polish brand, but as I started exploring other indie makers, I really wanted to show them all off. I wanted to focus on independently handcrafted beauty products, because I feel passionate about it.
8. Favorite makeup line and/or product? I'm pretty haphazard about makeup. I go back and forth between wearing a ton and experimenting a lot, to just basic eyeliner and mascara. So my favorite brand changes often- right now it's probably Hard Candy.
9. Dream vacation spot? The British Isles.
10. Manicure you haven't tried yet, but want to? I'm intrigued by the velvet mani, but it seems too impractical to actually wear, so I haven't tried it.
11. Did you check out my blog yet and follow it? Yes!
My 11 Questions
1. Where do you blog from (bedroom, office, kitchen), and why that spot?
2. What was "THE" polish, the one that kicked off your obsession?
3. Describe your all time favorite meal?
4. There are so many holidays this month- what do you celebrate, and how?
5. Tell me about your pets? Or what you would like to have, if you don't have any?
6. Favorite type of polish?
7. What one brand polish do you own the most of? How many?
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
9. What is your biggest polish "lemming"- or as I prefer to call it, your biggest polish crush?
10. Do you have IRL friends that share your polish addiction?
11. Share a photo of your favorite mani ever!
And here are my nominees!
2. Lacquer Lad
5. Emkay Nails
10. Phoenix Nails
Thanks again to Liz for nominating me!
(the other) Liz