Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gold Rush by Free Hippie: Gold in Them Thar Hills!

Hello, lovelies! Today's beauty is Gold Rush by Free Hippie, an out-of-the-blue polish maker that I never would have discovered were it not for randomly searching Etsy for "nail polish". Rebecca from Free Hippie specializes in Boho Chic and hippie jewelry, but she also offers a small selection of polish, and I've been very impressed with it! (You can see my review of Phosphorus here.)


Gold Rush is a nice pale gold packed full of shimmer, plus small and micro bright gold hexes.


This is two coats of Gold Rush alone, topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural sunlight.


I love how pale this color is compared to most gold polishes: I really don't wear gold polish on a regular basis, and I hate how it looks with my skin, but this is a nice, almost champagne color, and I think I pulled it off rather well! The polish went on very smoothly, and had great coverage. I was afraid it would be kind of sheer, but I only used two coats, and I'm the three-coat Queen. It did dry slightly gritty, as is standard with micro glitters, but a thick coat of Seche Vite completely smoothed the whole thing over. I've tried 6 colors from Free Hippie, and I haven't had a single issue with any of them! This one, in fact, has become my favorite gold (for the rare occasions when I need one!). My only complaint is that polishes are only available in minis- because there are a few that I would like full size!

Free Hippie polishes are available on Etsy.





No comments:

Post a Comment