Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Ornaments

Hello, dah-lings! Time for a Christmas nail art post again! Only 4 left, after today? And how am I going to put elves on my nails!?


Today's prompt, ornaments, is inspired by my favorite tree at my mother's house (she literally has one in every downstairs room in her home, including the bathroom!)


This is the tree in the parlor/computer/sitting room. The whole thing is decorated in gold and bronze with white lights, and I love the cohesive feel to it. It's so beautiful, and while it's not the tree that we put gifts under, it is my favorite tree in the house! This photo is taken with flash, to get the best idea of the colors . . .


 . . . while THIS photo was taken without flash, to give you the feel of sitting in a dark room, lit only by the Christmas tree lights, and just looking at the beauty of the tree, feeling the holiday spirit.


And here it is on my nails. I used a base of Sinful Colors Exotic Green topped with 365 Days of Color's Trimming the Tree, which even SMELLS like a Christmas tree! (But not mine, as mine is artificial.) The ornaments were stamped on with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lightening, then gone over with Sinful Colors This Is It and a liner brush to give it some twinkle. The stamps are all from the Salon Express stamping kit. 


And here's a blurry, flash photo to show the glitz on the ornaments.

How is your tree decorated? Do you prefer a monochromatic, elegant look or a hodge-podge mess of heirloom ornaments? 

Be sure to check out the other challengers below!






1 comment: