Friday, October 18, 2013

CNT Halloween Challenge: Blood & Gore


I know my idea for today is not the most original, but I absolutely LOVE the Dexter blood spatter pattern, so that's what I decided to go with for today. Side note: I'm also making these Dexter cupcakes for my family's Halloween party next weekend :)


I started with a base of my fave white, Revlon Speed Dry Spirit. I then used the straw method (pro tip: coffee straws work way better than regular drinking straws!) to splatter on a few different reds for depth and various states-of-dryness look. My reds were Wet N Wild Red Red, Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Wet N Wild Fergie Velvet Lounge and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet. 


I didn't topcoat these, and took the photos while they were still wet. I think it looks way cooler that way!

Check out more bloody and gory manis in the InLinkz below, but only if you have a strong stomach :)





1 comment: