Sunday, October 6, 2013

Crumpet's 33DC: Texture


Soo . . . I took Saturday off this week (from blogging) and didn't even realize that this post was never even posted, let alone drafted! I hate being late :( Anyway, here's the deal: I hate textured nails. I love participaing in challenges, even when I know that there are days with prompts I don't like, because I want to try and come up with something that will fit the challenge, but that I actually enjoy! 


I had this amazing idea for the Texture challenge: I was going to stamp glossy over matte. Have you ever tried it? Don't. I spent a good half hour just trying to pick up the design, and never even managed to get a full pickup, let alone get the design on my nails! I even had to dig to find a non-fast dry topcoat, as I really don't use them. So I had to go with a last minute switch.


I started with my standard black creme (Sinful) and matted it with NYC Matte Me Crazy. When my stamping failed, I grabbed a few glitters that would look neat matted: Love My Nails Dazzling and China Glaze Make A Spectacle. I threw on one coat of each, then matted it all again.


This may be kind of a cop out as far as the theme goes, but I do like to actually wear most of my manis, rather than just swatch and remove, and that completely took actual textured polish out of the question: I can't stand it! I really don't even like the feeling of wearing matte polish, but the iridescent glitter looks so cool matted that it more than made up for it!


Better late than never, right? Be sure to check out the rest of the (on time!) textured manis in the InLinkz below :)





1 comment: