Friday, October 18, 2013

Crumpet's 33DC: A Pattern In Your Home


This challenge has definitely been putting me through some hoops when it comes to creativity, as it can be very difficult to find inspiration for some of the prompts. Today, I had the exact opposite problem: there are so many great patterns in my house that I absolutely love. How do I choose between them? I guess just choose the funnest and easiest (relatively speaking) to translate into nail art :)


Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely LOVE polka dots? I'm sure I have, but just in case: I LOVE POLKA DOTS! They are the main design theme in my pink, black and grey bathroom. You can just see my shower curtain there on the far right, but my main inspiration is my wall art, which I'm super proud of! I made them myself :) I'm planning a step by step tutorial on how to create them (probably in December, once I make a few more), but they're basically fun fabric and wooden embroidery hoops. 


Colors used: Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink, Sinful Colors Ardoise, Wet N Wild Tickled Pink, Sinful Colors Cream Pink, and Sinful Colors Cool Grey. Tools used: dotting tools, and a smidge of cling film.


My thumb even got in on the art this time! I usually skip it, as I can't photograph it properly, but I did it this time, because there were too many fabric hoops to pick from!

Are you as curious about the inside of other people's homes as I am? Check out the manis inspired by the rest of the challengers' homes in the InLinkz below!






No comments:

Post a Comment