Tuesday, October 1, 2013

#31DC2013- Honor Nails You Love!


Whew, I made it! And so did all my fellow challengers! 31 Days of Challenges, in a row! And I didn't miss a single one, although I was a few hours late once :) Doing challeges present a rather unique problem for me: I like to have longer nails for challenges, as I think they look nicer, and it gives me a larger canvas to work with. BUT- my nails are getting to that point where I usually chop them off because I get so paranoid about breaks! I'll let them go for a bit longer due to the 33 Day Challenge with Crumpet's Nail Tarts, but I am getting rather worried!

On to the art: Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I chose a veritable nail art Goddess to honor today: Sarah of Chalkboard Nails. I knew immediately that this would have to be the mani to recreate: I absolutely adore paisley print! It's so intricate and delicate, and the colors are always just gorgeous. It's the only common pattern that I'm typically drawn to outside of simple graphic and geometric prints. 


I wanted to switch up the color palette a bit, but I tried to keep the actual design as close as possible. My base is Sinful Colors Cool Grey. I used a dotting tool to draw all of the designs. The other colors are Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink (in retrospect, a horrible choice, as it -DUH- kept drying on me), Sinful Colors Inkwell and Revlon Speed Dry Spirit.


Congratulations to all of the challengers for completing the challenge! And a special thanks to both Sarah of Chalkboard Nails for inspiring the challenge and inviting everyone to join in, and to More Nail Polish for setting up the InLinkz!

Speaking of InLinkz, be sure to check out the rest of the Honor manis in the links below :)





3 comments:

  1. Cool, I really like the colors you've chosen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, this totally look's like Sarah's creation. Congrats on finishing the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful i never thought pink and grey would be such an amazing colour combination! i never noticed this on chalkboard nails before

    x

    ReplyDelete