Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fish Scales by Borough Babe- Clearing Out the Vault

Today's Vault polish is Fish Scales, by Borough Babe, a Brooklyn based indie. Creator Shannon also has a second Etsy shop, Borough Babe Supply, selling such things as solvent resistant glitters and glitter mixes, pigments and et cetera. Fish Scales does not appear to be available at this time. It was obtained through a swap, and all opinions are my own. 


This manicure began with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Mint Sprint. It was then layered with a coat of Sinful Colors Cinderella, three coats of Fish Scales, a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken indoors under a daylight bulb. 


Fish Scales is a clear based glitter topper, filled with silver and blue mylar glitters, plus some holo and iridescent glitters. 


The glitter in this puppy is a bit sparse, and required some careful placement and manipulation. The mylar glitters are quite unique- they're very thin and almost translucent, really giving the appearance of fish scales on the nail! Due to their thinness, they are quite delicate, however, and need to be treated with care, or they rip. I did that a few times- eep!


A few of those square glitters in the photo above have a bit of a reflective curl to them, but it is reflective only- the glitters lay completely flat on the nail. I do quite like the idea behind this polish, as it is very different from every other fish scale polish I've seen- it truly does look like fish scales in a bottle! 

As I'm currently purging myself of glitter topcoats, this polish is available though my blog sale. I'd absolutely recommend this polish, if you enjoy blues and fishy things and glitter topcoats- it's just not quite my cup of tea. 

*Polish obtained via swap, all opinions are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment