Tuesday, October 22, 2013

CNT Halloween Challenge: Spiders


I adore Halloween, and everything about it, with one exception: Spiders. I HATE spiders. I loathe spiders. I fear spiders. They have way too many legs for their own good, and no business being in my shower. That said, I'm okay with depictions of spider webs, as long as they're not real. But if anyone does realistic looking spiders for today's challenge: I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to read your post!


That said, here is my spider nail art. There are a lot of layers involved! I started with a straight black base. Then I layered on a coat of Sinful Colors Black Magic, then two coats of Sinful Colors Glow In The Dark. (Damn you, Walgreen's and your 2/$3!) Glow In The Dark, sadly, did not glow in the dark. At least I wasn't able to make it do so. Anyway: stamping (both webs and spider) are from QA plate 26. The webs were done with Revlon Speed Dry Spirit, and the spider is Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. 


I love the slightly dimensional look of Black Magic under the webs! 

Be sure to check out more spider manis in the InLinkz below- if you're not afraid of spiders, like me!





1 comment:

  1. Your spiderwebs look great!

    I nominated you for a liebster award! http://obscenelyblue.blogspot.com/2013/10/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete