Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crumpet's 33DC: Abstract


I generally despise reality TV, but one of my guilty pleasures is Cake Boss! When a new season showed up on Netflix a few weeks ago, I marathoned the whole thing in a weekend while playing with polish. When the abstract prompt came up, I knew where to turn! There was an episode called "Chandeliers & Christenings" which featured an artist who created colorful abstract blown glass chandeliers. My Google-fu is failing me, and I can't find the guy's name, but these chandeliers were both funky and magnificent! That's what I've tried to recreate with my mani today.


I started with a base of Orly Nite Owl, then used some neon art stripers (Kiss Nail Art Beach Green, Bikini Pink and Pearl Blue, Sinful Colors Me First), to randomly swirl on some lines. Overall, I like the result!

Check out the rest of the abstract manis in the InLInkz below!




2 comments:

  1. I think I remember that episode! Didn't the cake get dropped?? If that's the one I'm thinking of, it made me want to cry...But your manicure definitely doesn't, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one! Never thought a falling cake would be such a heart-stopper, huh?

    ReplyDelete