Monday, September 30, 2013

Crumpet's 33DC- Tribal


I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I really just don't care for the standard "tribal" mani. Not only is it meaningless to me, but I really need things to have a bit more order to them if I'm going to wear/use them, and most tribal manis are all over the place with both color and pattern. Way too busy! So- thinking cap time. I finally went waaaay back in time, to the neolithic nomadic tribes. After all, everyone's lineage eventually ends up there! 


My nails are loosely inspired by cave paintings. I started with Wet N Wild Grays Anatomy, a purple-y grey duochrome, and did a Saran Wrap mani on top with Sinful Colors Black on Black. I then did another half Saran Wrap on top with Revlon Spirit. *Side note- I forgot how STUNNING Saran Wrap manis can be! I need to incorporate them more!* The stamping was done with Black on Black, QA plate 29 (bull), Red Angel plate RA-115 (tree), QA plate 15 (generic tribal design) and a Salon Express plate (turtle). I'm kinda meh about it in general, but I absolutely loved the base! You can still see it above the white :)

Be sure to check out the rest of the lovely ladies' labors in the InLinkz below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment