Monday, September 30, 2013

#31DC2013 Inspired by a Tutorial


Today's prompt was one of the easiest of the entire challenge. At least, as far as inspiration goes :) I knew immediately which tutorial I wanted to follow, as it's been on my "want to do" list for just about forever! It's definitely a popular one, but it's just so cute!  I chose to do these owls:




I wanted to do Fall themed owls, cuz . . . Fall! I love Autumn so much, seriously . . .sweaters and soup and pumpkin-y things, the smell of leaves, Halloween, and soup! The Crockpot was a gift from every almighty power that be, I swear! Onto my little owl budies: All of my eyes were done using dotting tools with Sinful Black on Black and Revlon Spirit. My beaks and feet were done with the same dotting tool and Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up. The rest:
Bases, L-R: Love My Nails Iced Copper, Essie Penny Talk, Pure Ice Iced Copper, Pure Ice Iced Merlot
Bodies (and belly spots), L-R: Sinful Colors Nirvana, Essie Smokin Hot, Sinful Colors In the Mist, NYC Plaza Plumberry
Bellies, L-R: same as the bases, only reversed


I am so incredibly over the top happy with the end result of these owls! I mean, how squee! My favorite is that copper-topped guy on my ring finger. I named him George :)

See which other tutorials inspired my fellow challenge participants in the InLinkz below, and by searching hashtag #31DC2013 on your favorite social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment