Tuesday, September 24, 2013

#31DC2013 Inspired by a Book


As with my Movie nails, I chose to do a book series, rather than a single book. This would have most likely happened no matter which franchise I chose, as I tend to prefer serialized books to one-offs. I've always been an avid reader, and I truly hate to see the story end, so I adore sweeping, epic fantasies that go on for 5,000 pages!


I chose the Song of Ice and Fire series, probably better known to some of you as Game of Thrones. I chose to represent the four major houses of Westeros (based on the official house banners displayed at Westeros.org: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen and Baratheon), and I'll break it down for you again by nail, but all of the "heraldry" stamping at the tips was done with Red Angel plate RA-112 and that nail's stamping color.

Index- House Stark of Winterfell: Base Sinful Colors Cool Grey topped with Sally Hansen Polar Bare. Sigil is the Direwolf (I had to improvise- I think it's actually a bull!), stamped with China Glaze Immortal.
Middle- House Lannister of Casterly Rock: Base Sinful Colors This is It. Sigil: Lion (again, improvised with a cat), using Wet N Wild Red Red and QA15
Ring- House Targaryen of Dragonstone/now seatless and powerless. Base: Wet N Wild Red Red. Sigil: Three headed dragon (mine only has one!), stamped with Sinful Colors Black on Black and a Salon Express plate
Pinky- House Barratheon of Storm's End, currently the ruling house in Westeros. Base: Sally Hansen Lightning. Sigil:  a crowned stag. Only the crown is represented, with Sinful Colors Black on Black and Red Angel plate RA-119.

See what everyone else is reading and inspired by in the InLinkz below, and by searching your favorite social media for hashtag #31D2013. 





1 comment:

  1. Love your nails, and I never knew about that plate - thank you.. I did A Storm of Swords themed nails, so we had e same inspiration.

    ReplyDelete