Thursday, September 12, 2013

#31DC2013 Stripes


Ah, stripes! Another simple geometric pattern that I love, although not quite as much as polka dots!


I recently did a swap with the fabulous Jenna of Lyn B Designs and I couldn't wait to try out some of the fantastic polishes she sent me! So, of course, I incorporated them into the challenge :) Both polishes shown will receive a full review work up at a later date.

I started with an allover base of Last of the Time Lords (a shimmery golden orange-y yellow with red and gold glitters(, which I've been lemming for ages! I then taped off stripes in a perpendicular pattern. Then I went over the tape with Ducky (a shimmery green with green glitters).  I've always wanted to do this type of mani, and today seemed the perfect excuse! I wanted to do something a bit different, so my middle finger is straight up and down instead of the more often seen diagonal. I don't think I like it though :( I do love the diagonals, though!

As always, check out the rest of the stripe manis in the links below, and by searching hashtag #31DC2013 on your favorite social media!




No comments:

Post a Comment