Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Favorites- Zoya Dree

Today marks the start of another of my new series: Favorites Friday! It won't necessarily be a weekly series, but it might be! We'll have to play it by ear. I've always focused this blog on Indies, with a side of nail art, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a huge stash of big brand polishes as well! And some days I just don't want to think about what I put on my nails, so I reach for some tried and true big brand favorites. No glitter, no special topcoats, just a few coats and done! 


First up for Favorites Friday is Zoya Dree. This was my very first ever experience with Zoya, purchased during some deal or another. All I truly recall is that I got 3 polishes for $10. Score! But look at that bottle there: there was some very odd separation going on in this polish, and I could not for the life of my get it to mix back up properly! It didn't affect the polishes abilities at all, but the bottle sure doesn't look great. 


Dree is a gorgeous, OD (olive drab, for you non military folks) green, that has a tendency to photograph more yellow that it truly is. The above photo is purely to show you the shine on this puppy: no topcoat! All photos show three coats, with NO TOPCOAT and it is just that shiny on its own. 


This photo (and the next) are far more true to color. Green is one of the largest color collections I have in my stash (neck and neck with purple), and I love pretty much all greens: bright, springy shimmers, deep hunter jellies, emerald glitter bombs and everything in between. But I grew up as an Army brat- my father served in the United States Army for 25 years, and I am so proud of him and his service to my country. If you don't support war, or any of the actions of the Higher Ups and the Military Brass, that's your call, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But supporting the troops is another matter entirely, and is something that I feel incredibly strongly about. These men (and women!) are willing to risk their lives to fight for the ideals of their country. (I am speaking strictly of US troops here, I realize some countries have mandatory inscription policies). Even if there is no threat at the time of their enlistment, there is no guarantee that there won't be in the near future. Give these proud soldiers something to fight for- you!  [/end political rant]



Here I've applied a matte topcoat- NYC In a Minute Matte Me Crazy. I generally hate the feeling of matte topcoats, but something about those military greens just screams for it! Overall- I absolutely LOVE this color. It's a perfect fall color! 


*All polishes were purchased with  my own money, and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as an Army mom whose son is deployed in Afghanistan right now, I couldn't agree more. :)
    And I love all things Zoya!

    ReplyDelete